2013年10月30日星期三

capstone


Introduction:


Issue: Sustainability of Baby products
The life cycle of baby product is usually not very long just because the fast growing of the baby, we need to update the products frequently in order to fit his or her new height or weight. So how to extend the life of cycle seems to be more signifying. But if the sustainability of baby items is really necessary? The answer is of course, yes.

As ABS shows that there were 309,582 births registered in Australia in 2012, and then a recent study out of Australia shows, the parents spent upwards of $7000 by the time their child had his or her first birthday. And most of this money is spend on high-ticket items like nursery furniture, strollers, high chair, and car seats.  By age two, parents are spending up to more than $8500 per year including changing high-ticket items. And 34% of baby items would be replaced by the time their child had his or her two birthdays just because the size or function is not suitable anymore.

So this proposal target will be the baby’s parent and baby.  The parent is looking for something, which will save their time and space, and also give them good value for money. And a sustainable design will also bring benefit to our living environment; cause reduced both material waste and financial waste. 



Approach
Why does this project suit for my interests?
l  My youngest brother is just 6 years old now, and I used to purchase baby product with my mum. So I was familiar with the common problems with baby product.
l  My elder sister is pregnant now, I went shopping with her recently and help her to choice most sustainable baby product. So I know that some of problems still exsiting.
l  I have personal desire to take care of others. especially the children, I used to choice working at Kindergarten as my working experience.
So, I want to focus on this topic and try to solve the exsiting problems by design a new solution.

What Is my method to ensure that I deeply understand my problem topic and my user?
l  I used some techniques from the IDEO Methods Card, such as: “Extreme User Interviews”, I asked my mum who is extremly familiar with baby products to evaluate her experience using them. And asked my brother-in-law who Is completely unfamiliar with baby product to evaluate his experience using the product my sister just bought home.
l  I did online research.






没有评论:

发表评论